Our team will help you to choose the best tax options in the acquisitions, conveyances or reorganisation of companies. We are at your disposal for advice on the following tax areas:
Our tax advisers are familiar with the regulations applied in each jurisdiction, regarding both customs tariffs and forex fees and control. To do so, we know the legislation applicable to non-domestic companies, the application and advantages of Double Tax Agreements, the repatriation of profits, thin capitalisation, EU directives, and reference prices.
Our tax advisory service will help to lighten a client’s tax burden by taking part in operations such as, for example:
- Processing of inheritance subsidies
- Purchase or sale of a business
- Tax consolidation
- Offsetting of negative taxable amounts
- Completion and filing of self-assessment returns
- Processing of investment subsidies
- Forex and credit transactions
- Capital gains
- International tax advisory
- Optimising inheritances
- Mergers, demergers and structuring of business groups
Claims and official appeals before the authorities
Our team of lawyers analyses each case in order to proceed in the most appropriate way when filing an official claim. We accompany each client at all times and make an initial assessment of the claim’s financial aspects and identify the key issues before lodging the appeal.
The practical application of Value Added Tax is a complex issue, as it affects all areas of an organisation and, what’s more, it has undergone numerous changes since it was first introduced.
The legislation on Transfer Pricing has undergone several significant amendments that affect operations between a subsidiary and its parent company, private shareholders or its director.
These amendments include new obligations for the taxpayer, on which our experts can provide advice, such as the following:
- Information and documentation on related party transactions.
- Valuation of related party transactions according to the principle of free competition (market value).
- The burden of proof falls upon the taxpayers.
Tax advice on moving or changing address
We provide tax advice for non-nationals coming to live in Spain. This may mean major tax savings.
Special tax projects
There is paperwork that involves complex procedures in which Bufete Megías Abogados can be of assistance, such as the following:
- Conveyance of shares.
- Rights issues, issue of new shares.
- Reduction in equity, stock split.
- Mergers, de-mergers, acquisitions and the request for tax exemption.
- Preparation and correction of the draft version of the company articles.
- Winding up companies.
- Dividend certificates and interim dividends.
- Register for converting private limited companies into public limited companies and vice versa.
- Changing the date of the close of the tax year, the registered address, directors or company name.
- Re-domiciliation of companies: change of a company’s nationality and registered address to other jurisdictions, adapting the company articles to the requirements of its new jurisdiction.
- Holding companies, including family holding companies.
- “Accordion Operations”: Simultaneous capital reduction and enlargement for re-establishing an equity balance.
The Tax Authorities launch a tax inspection when they detect a lack of consistency between the data provided by the taxpayer (private person or company) and the data in their possession.